The Spanish word for Jaguar, Balam is also the Campeche, Mexico flat famous for sightings of constantly rolling baby tarpon and the occasional curious big cat. Whether you’re casting from a low-tide sandbar or burying your toes in the sand at a beachside bar, the stylish, fashion-forward Balam is perfect for combing the horizon or trading tall tales at the cantina.
A full-coverage frame crafted from our stronger, lighter, plant-based polycarbonate. Lower frame weight equates to more comfort, especially when combined with our polarized lenses and proprietary LAPIS technology designed to reduce eye strain and fatigue.
- Medium to small fit
- Full 8-base wrap design for light-blocking performance
- Generous non-slip rubber nose pads
- Rubber temple tips for a snug fit
- Made from plant-based polycarbonate that bio-degrades more easily and is gentler on our oceans; bio-based nylon is 10x stronger than petroleum-based plastic
- Choice of 6 lens colors in both glass and polycarbonate
- All lenses are polarized and include proprietary LAPIS technology that blocks blue light, making them the clearest lenses on the planet
- Oleophobic lens coatings reduce scratching and make cleaning easier
- Glass $249
- Polycarbonate $199